Hot Water in Tank

J

Johnmelad502

I was in the loft at a job I was doing (inulating) and found that there was hot water in the cold water tank. How worried should the owner be and what does he need to do?

Sponsored Links
Most common cause is failed thermostat on the immersion heater but there are plenty of other causes. I would suggest that he gets a plumber out to check.

Possible problems are bacterial/viral growth in the cold water cistern(i.e. legionella) and if it's the thermostat that's gone catastrophic failure of the storage cistern. There have been a few deaths in the news where the cistern was incorrectly supported and thermostat failure led to it being full of near boiling water. The cistern failed and dropped it's contents on the people in bed below. The two most recent that I can remember were a baby girl in the West Country and an old couple somewhere.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back