Hot Water Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having hot water issues boiler is firing port valve is working but water not heating correctly.
Should the gate valve above the pump in the picture be open or closed?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
IMG_20211011_094324.jpg
IMG_20211011_094324.jpg

Where’s the cylinder thermostat? And is it set correctly? Do the pipes the other side of 2 port get hot?

No cylinder stat fitted. Flow from the port to cylinder is at boiler temp. The return is mildly warm. I've bled the coil air valve. I can get hot water but not at the usual temp which is really hot. 60° +
The gate valve above the pump has been partially open but I think it should be closed but not really sure. If open it looks like it short cuts the return flow to the boiler and back to the port if that makes sense.

Sponsored Links
I think the gate valve above the pump is a bypass. How open is the one adjacent to it, same pipe?

Hi Chris thanks for your reply the valve to the right is fully open. I've had another look at the cylinder and found a stat set at 40 (didn't realise we had one) I've recently had work done on the system so suspect the stat was turned down then. I've turned it up now so guessing that was the problem re the temp.
If the valve in question is a bypass should it be left closed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back