No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central heating works but no hot water, the honeywell 2 port valve doesnt open when water is called for, even if i manually open the valve the water doesnt heat up, how can i check if the valve if goosed, also there is a gate valve fitted between the 2 port valves which has started to leak water and when turned doesnt appear to be doing anything.
thanks

Sponsored Links
The valve is probably a bypass and should be opened about one turn.

The motor in the valve may have failed.

But you should get hot water WHILE the heating is on if you manually latch open the HW valve.

Tony

Thanks for the quick replies, the water dosnt get hot when valve latched open, could the faulty gate valve be stuck in the closed position stopping the flow of water because when turned it doesnt feel attached to anything.
thanks

Sponsored Links
check their is 230v from the stat to the brown on the valve.

Do you mean the stat fitted to the hotwater tank.

yes if its sending 230v to the brown on the valve.
then the motor has failed.
as you said the valve is not opening itself.

Not had chance to check the valve yet as its in the loft, if the stat is not working would the motor still work, just looking at all probable causes for when i go up.
thanks

if the stats not sending power to the valve then the motor in the valve won't move across to open.

if the stats sending power but the valves not opening then the motors failed.

if the stats sending power and valve opens but no power on orange then the microswitch has more likely failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back