glowworm micron 50ff fan fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amongst other problems which i posted earlier i now have a fault with the boiler, led error lights indicate fan/aps fault, can this be repaired by me or is it a corgi job.
Any idea of cost if it's corgi or does anyone know what glow worm charge.
thanks

Sponsored Links
if you defo know it"s the fan /aps then very easy to swap just like for like,

Sponsored Links
Is there a way to check if it's the aps or fan, can the aps be bypassed to see if the fan starts.
thanks

Had the boiler front off and sometimes the fan spins for 10-20 secs then stops and led's flash other times just creeps round a little bit then stops and led flash, does that mean that the aps is faulty, just want to get an idea of whats wrong before i call the enginer.
It had a new pcb and thermistor fitted just 12 months ago
thanks

Me thinks you're after a little more than an idea of what's wrong, but you are unlikely to get much advice here on anything that may compromise your, or anyone else's safety.

Had the boiler front off and sometimes the fan spins for 10-20 secs then stops and led's flash other times just creeps round a little bit then stops and led flash, does that mean that the aps is faulty, just want to get an idea of whats wrong before i call the enginer.
It had a new pcb and thermistor fitted just 12 months ago
thanks

Why did you do that?

Your wanting answers we wont give.
:rolleyes:

Just get an RGI in.

Paul.

the aps has nothing to do with the fan starting :idea:

i reiterate :idea:

I didnt say the aps had anything to do with the fan, i'm just stating what fault error the boiler states, if the fan is working then it must be the aps according to the fault error led's, it would be nice if you or some one else could actually state what the aps does and why it should stop the boiler from igniting, i have no intention of doing the job myself but just want a clearer understanding before i call in the enginer.
thanks

i have no intention of doing the job myself
...right
APS stops the boiler working - under certain fault conditions.

Hello all thought I would add my bit.

the aps has nothing to do with the fan starting :idea:

i reiterate :idea:

Technically the aps does have something to do with the fan starting as it is a three wire aps which checks the switch is closed before allowing the fan to run (though I'm not 100% sure I would have to check the MI's as it may be a two wire).

If the fan is running for a short period its possible the aps is faulty - though it could be blockage in flue/other flue fan fault.

Call an engineer

It's the fan that is faulty, the engineer called today and managed to get the boiler lit ,the fan kept jamming up so he lubricated it and eventually the fan kept going and is still going, to be on the safe side he has ordered a replacement for next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back