Hot water keeps going cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Anyone out there that help!!
I have a Potterton preforma 24 combi
When I turn on any of the hot taps slowly the water is hot, but if I turn on the
Tap fully then the water gets cold even thou the boiler is still alight.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you leave it running for a while, does the temp increase?

My last boiler was an Ideal ISAR and was rubbish. We had good mains pressure and we had similar symptoms to you.

Not an expert but I expect one will be along in a while.

Its normal for a combi. Cold mains coming in at 5 degrees, 35 degree rise will only give you 40 degrees. Turn the tap down and the water stays in the boiler longer getting hotter. It'll get better in the summer.

Sponsored Links
as Gigz says at this time of year your boiler will only produce a decent temp when running at around 9L/min so get a container that you know the volume of and see how long it takes to fill and that will tell you the flow rate i.e. if its a 5L container and it fills in 30 seconds then your flow rate is 10L/min, if your flow rate is considerably lower than about 9L/min to get any heat in the water it could be a fault so measure it first and let us know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back