Hot water no heating after fitting new danfoss HSA3 valve and actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since switching my heating on this winter I have had hot water no problem but to get heating had to manually push the spindle on the actuator head to manual which works fine until house gets to temperature then cuts out and I gave to do this again to get heating. Found on a lot of threads that it was the actuator so we changes the whole thing yesterday valve and head but still have the same problem (plenty of hot water which cuts in and out but no heating unless I push the spindle across) please can anyone advise as this is so frustrating
Have Ideal Icos HE15 boiler
Danfoss actuator and valve
Danfoss wireless thermostat and timer

Sponsored Links
At the programmer.
set hot water to off
Set heating to on
room thermostat to max
Any heating?

Set hot water to on
Set heating to on
Room thermostat to max
Set clyinder thermostat to min
Any heating?

Does the valve move when you call for heat? There is an indicator on side marked W M H. It should move to H when heating is on or M for water and heating.

Sponsored Links
I gave just sat up by where 3 way valve is and when I switch thermostat up and then off you can hear the spindle move back its seems as though it's not moving over enough because if I then push it a bit the pump starts to run and we have heating

Hi yes you can hear it move but not enough to get pump to work if I push to manual pump kicks in

Sorry ignore my post I was thinking of a Drayton valve not a Danfoss.
Do you have a multi meter and know how to use it?

No got my brother coming to have a look to test electrics toMorrow as seems as though the pump is not being called for when heating is on so nothing pumping around system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back