hot water, no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have ferroli optimax 25c which has been nothing but trouble!!. the latest issue is that I have hot water but no heating. This happened prior to Christmas and the plumber that came out managed to get it working citing a problem with the pcb and warning that it could happen again. The same fault has now recurred. It would appear that the pcb is not telling the diverter valve to switch. I will be replacing the boiler as this thing is hopeless but is there anything I can do as an amateur to manually switch the diverter valve whilst I wait for the new boiler as I don't want to waste any more money on this one ?

Sponsored Links
when you select heating does the boiler fire up? I am suspecting not, but just to clarify?

Sponsored Links
the display shows 0 as the heating does not come on at all. No problem when hot water is requested and display shows water temp.

No problem with power

if power to boiler is ok (have you replaced the link to prove it's not programmer or stat)? - how does this boile rusually fire in C.Heating mode? does it use a flow switch?

thanks

there are no fault codes and the thermostat comes on at the allotted times but the boiler doesn't respond to the request

i don't have the manual. how does the boiler fire in Ch mode usually? is there a flow switch??

i asked the poster and he said there was power going in from stat/programmer!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back