Hot water on/off combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I hope you can help, this is driving me mad, everything's been fine for 4 years in new bathroom, few months ago, shower started to go cold, can hear boiler turning off (it's in the bathroom). Now it's every shower multiple times, if you don't have the hot water on 'full' or if it's mixed then the boiler starts stop/starting.
I've already cleaned the mains filters to the boiler, checked and cleaned the tmv in the shower and I've just removed and flushed the crap out of the heat exchanger plate but it no avail.....it's a Baxi 105he by the way.
As I say hot water on full, no problem so have I got a flow/pressure problem? Would United utilities be at fault or do I need a pump or is it something else on my boiler I can check????

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
It’s not the United utilities’ fault and you don’t need a pump. So it’s just the shower affected?

It's any 'mixer', hot water on full and it's fine, start mixing and it gets intermittent, I'm only suggestion United utilities as if my pressure has gone down(didn't always do this) then do I raise it with them as a potential issue in the area.

If it’s at all mixers, you may have a passing check valve.

Sponsored Links
If you have a check valve, commonly fitted to mixers, especially showers, then there could be cold passing on the hot supply.

It also affects the mixer taps on the sink too, this isn't as noticeable as normally you just want hot water not mixed, only noticed when trying to narrow the shower down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back