hot water problem - Baxi combi 80 eco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm having a problem with my Baxi boiler. The hot water is hot intermittently - I particularly notice the problem with the shower. Some days the shower will be hot and others not so. It's not intermittent in that the shower will go and cold, it stays the same temperature. The hotness of the water also seems to depend on how long I've had the CH on for. If it's been on all day then the water will almost always be hot. The water for the shower or tap will generally not be hot unless the CH is on. I had British Gas out and the guy thought that the shower itself was the problem but I'm not convinced because even the bathroom tap does not always get hot enough.

Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the manifold section of the diverter valve is intermittently sticking.

If you leave the heating off for a couple of hours and run the hot water for 10-15 minutes do you find any heat going to the rads? Feel their feed pipes rather than the tops.

Tony

Hi Tony

Yes I have noticed that certainly the radiator in the bathroom (nearest radiator to the boiler) gets hot when I have only the hot water on in Summer.

Thankyou

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back