Hot water only electric???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am new to this topic and have a silly question
the house is about 12 years old and I have a baxi solo 2 40pf boiler in the kitchen and a hot water cylinder upstairs. It is controlled by honeywell timer thing.
It seems to me that the gas boiler only works for central heating and not hot water. Is it normal or it is somehow programmed incorrectly?

I have a quite high electrics bill for that reason

also if anyone has a manual for this equipment a link would be much appreciated as i would like to know how this system operates in the first place

please advise

Sponsored Links
There must be a motorised valve or two in or around the cylinder cupboard.

A couple of pics would help.

Is twelve years old too recent for a c plan. I'm thinking it may be a stuck ball valve or blocked cold feed.

Sponsored Links
Is twelve years old too recent for a c plan. I'm thinking it may be a stuck ball valve or blocked cold feed.

just to say, obviously if i understood you correctly, heating is working fine and hot water is also fine, but hot water only heats up by electric heater, gas is only used for central heating so far.

i feel that gas should be used for both and electric should kick in only if necessary

or am i being thick?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back