Hot water or electric underfloor heating, can you tell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to tell the type of underfloor heating from thermal imaging. It's a new build house and I am yet to move in, I was told it was hot water but I have not seen any valves from the boiler to the system when I was having a look around.

The images are from a snagger.

gAnIobn.png
xCEDP1Z.jpg

The thermostats that control the heating zones:
2txShcO.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yep, electric. That's going to cost you a million quid to run. Doesn't look like it's heating up very evenly either

Sponsored Links
but at least your switch plate is nearly level, ?????? what is that all about , think you need something better to worry about

but at least your switch plate is nearly level, ?????? what is that all about , think you need something better to worry about
As said, the pics are from the professional snagger, it's their job to look for things like that on a new build. The point of that pic was the thermostat, incase anyone recognised the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back