Hot water overflow into loft tank

Bob, the vent over the f & e tank is correct. It is the vent from heating system, it should not go to cold water storage tank as it will cause it to overflow to outside by pumping over and the water from heating will browning the clean water fit for washing yourself.

There should be no PTFE or plumbers mait, just the rubber sealing washer for large nut holding pump and boss white for 22mm nut holding valve.

By looking at the picture of pipework, the short pipe between 15mm cold feed and 22mm vent has been fur up narrowing the flow and the pump has been working hard pumping water and the only way the water is to go to vent pipe and pumping over into F & E tank and go through cold feed pipe back to same pipe to pump. I would try do the cleanser, if not working, I would cut out that tees piece and renew it.

Sponsored Links
green crust is not normal..looks like under Kermit`s 4skin :mad:

If you are near Guildford.......My M8 is in that area..with a powerflusher...and a fair knowledge, more if I join him :LOL: Wanna Quote :?: We`ve not been on Rogue Traders...........YET

The green crust is not coming from the joint with the pump, but the tap valve above it. Whilst I am at it, should I service this tap too? Sounds a bit strange thro' - having to service a tap.

I am also cosnidering whether to have Magnaclean installed whilst I have the system dry. Does anyone have any experience with this and is it worth the money?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back