Hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I just want to check something. I am installing a en-suite in my bungalow, as I have solid floors I would like to run the hot up from the cylinder (which is on ground floor) over the top via the loft and down the new stud wall. The cold water storage tank is in the loft on a stand, am I right in saying as long as the new pipework is lower than the storage tank it will work? The lower I can get it, the better the pressure will be.

Thanks, Laurie

Sponsored Links
You must measure from the water level in the storage tank to the the draw off point(tap etc)and that determines your available head.If you are going up and over and down then fit air release device to the highest part of the loft pipework.

Hello,

I just want to check something. I am installing a en-suite in my bungalow, as I have solid floors I would like to run the hot up from the cylinder (which is on ground floor) over the top via the loft and down the new stud wall. The cold water storage tank is in the loft on a stand, am I right in saying as long as the new pipework is lower than the storage tank it will work? The lower I can get it, the better the pressure will be.

Thanks, Laurie
Hi Lauri,yes it will work,the pressure is measured from the tank to the outlet[tap].you may get a air lock when you first turn on but it,s easily cleared.

Sponsored Links
Best way to clear the airlock is the old hosepipe between the cold and hot taps with both turned on. One minute and shouldn't need doing again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back