Hot water problem...would be grateful for any advice...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I would be grateful for any advice.

I have just moved into a new property, the boiler is a Worcester Highflow 400 electronic.

The problem that i'm experiencing is as follows.

When the CH and HW are both on, (via programmer), there isn't a problem, however, when the heating has gone off (via the timer), and you take a shower, you get cold water and the heating comes on, even though the controls say that it is off and the CH 'firing up' light is off, so i have to manually turn the CH temp control to off and we then get hot water.

I hope that you can make sense of that, many thanks in advance.

Rich.

Sponsored Links
Could be a sticking divertor valve or faulty programmer, maybe one for worcester fixed price repairs.

Could be a sticking divertor valve or faulty programmer, maybe one for worcester fixed price repairs.

Sounds like that to me and i would to bounce this to Worcester i hate changing there diverters!

If the diverter was sticking then it would be intermittent. Anyway the OP could note the position of the valve.

There seems to be a logic fault in that its not following the expected action.

The sensors could be easily checked as a first step.

Tony

Sponsored Links
when the heating has gone off (via the timer), and you take a shower, you get cold water and the heating comes on, even though the controls say that it is off and the CH 'firing up' light is off,

That sounds like classic heat leak to me, BUT once again i can't see it or do any checks and i don't for a start know if the hotwater lights coming on etc

Hi Stingray13.

The light on the programmer is on, when you put the tap/shower on the hot water 'demand' light comes on, just checked again this morning, even with the CH temp control set to off, the heating comes on...oh, well...get an engineer out, at least we've got hot water and heating...good job too in this weather...Thanks very much guys!!....merry christmas to you all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back