Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
Have a problem. Plumber came in last week to change 3 port valve and fit new thermostatic valves to all my radiators. I have an unvented system and hot water is stored in megaflow.
Since his visit there has been a problem with the hot water as it is just not hot enough but the heating is on most of the time. At least I can now control the heating by turning down the TRV's!!!! Could this problem have something to do with the 3 port valve. I have a hunch that he could have fitted it the wrong way round but do not know how to check?
I have asked him to come back but unfortunately he is on holiday for a couple of weeks. I really would like to get the situation resolved as soon as possible

Sponsored Links
You have a 3-port valve fitted to a megaflow? is there no 2-port valve anywhere?

Thats OK then.

The 3PV should be connected as follows; boiler primary flow into AB port, central heating to A port and hot water to B port.

Check that the room thermostat is fully turned down and the cylinder stat is set to something reasonable and then see if any heat is going down the A port, or better yet, let us know how much heat is coming through and where it is going!

Sponsored Links
Some 3-port valves have an indicator on the side to show what position they are in.

The Honeywell needs experience to "feel" with the lever.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back