Hot Water problems - Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 40 HE A Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need help please. The water goes from ice cold to scolding hot regularly when showering with touching anything of course making it very difficult to shower quickly we have also made sure that no other water is being used or switched on when someone is already in the shower so that we could rule that out.

This morning I got a shower and it seems to be even more icy cold and scolding hot than before it literally took me nearly an hour to wash my hair as oppose to 15 mins because I had to to keep jumping back from the shower head.

The Boiler is under warranty so we got heateam to look through it, they said there's nothing wrong with the boiler.

Any ideas?? please?

Laura x

Sponsored Links
Check hot and cold on shower are not plumbed wrong way round, or faulty shower thermostat or that cold supply is mains and not tank fad.

Check hot and cold on shower are not plumbed wrong way round, or faulty shower thermostat or that cold supply is mains and not tank fad.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I do not understand what you mean?

Do you mean the hot and cold on the shower are labeled wrong? This is not the case.

A faulty shower thermostat could be the issue - I'll look into that!

Sorry, but again, I'm not sure what this means; 'cold supply is mains and not tank fad' ?

Thanks!

Take the head off the shower, turn it on and see if the water runs hot and cold. If it doesn't clean/replace shower head. Report back if it does.

Sponsored Links
If the other hot taps in the house aren't doing it then you can be pretty sure it's the shower at fault.

What position have you got the hot water knob on your boiler?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back