Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I've got a problem with my hot water. I've got a open system with a F&E tank in the loft and it's heated with an old gas fired boiler downstairs. i'm not getting any hot water coming out of my taps. The pipes into the emersion tank heat up the pipe leading out doesn't.

I've recently installed a radiator (see thread: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=155617) The only pipe that I altered that is associated with the hot water was the hot water pipe which leads from the emersion tank around the house which I put a new gate valve on as the old one was ceased.

The heating is working well, there's no blockage that I can see. I did completely empty the hot water emersion tank when I put the new gate valve on. I've only had this problem since fitting the new gate valve.

The other thing that's strange is that when switching on the HW the CH also comes on but this was a problem before I changed anything in the system, can anyone help me?

Thanks

Jules

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone

i'm not getting any hot water coming out of my taps.
Thanks

Jules

Do you really mean that Jules?

Dont you mean you are getting water out of your hot taps but its cold?

The heating coil may be airlocked, partically if its a gravity system. Try loosening a nut on the upper connection and see if air comes out.

Tony

Yes sorry that's what I mean, do have water but it's not heated.

Would that be a connection above the emersion tank?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back