Hot water problems

Sponsored Links
if it only affected the shower then the fault is with the shower. But when these older megaflow cylinders start to fail the internal baffle breaks apart and can then block the hot feed on showers etc. This cylinder is at least 20 years old and replacing it maybe the right thing to do. But i would get someone to check the inlet on the shower to see if it is the baffle disintegrating.
Hiya - so its not exclusive to the shower. Yesterday i was in the kitchen washing some dishes and the hot water flow went and nothing came out . I turned the tap off and put it back on and a bit of water dribbled out. I tried it a third time after about 30 seconds and it was fine …

Hiya - so its not exclusive to the shower. Yesterday i was in the kitchen washing some dishes and the hot water flow went and nothing came out . I turned the tap off and put it back on and a bit of water dribbled out. I tried it a third time after about 30 seconds and it was fine …

Its also happened on the bath . Sink in the bathroom, kitchen. Ensuite shower and ensuite sink hot tap

Sponsored Links
Can you take a picture of where the cold mains stop tap/valve into the unvented is? It should have a valve similar to the new one shown in pic one and two, beside it.
Just to get back on this post - the hot water problems haven’t occurred again until last night and today . When i went in the airing cupboard and removed the junk in there i did find another valve - see picture . Didn’t see it last time as i didn’t remove all the junk in the cupboard.

Attachments

• 556D66A7-878D-4A87-9C46-9F9025A30CE0.jpeg
    556D66A7-878D-4A87-9C46-9F9025A30CE0.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 72

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back