Hot water spluttering since installing Flange

rvp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

I am in the process of fitting a power shower and have adapted the pipework slightly in order for the Warix flange to fit but since doing this the hot water is spluttering from the taps :(

Any ideas? I havent yet finished the install to the pump (speedfit stop end on as a temp measure in order to have hot water)

20180214_140724.jpg

Thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
Make sure the gate valve is fully open, they have a habit of snapping half open/closed.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the gate valve is fully open, they have a habit of snapping half open/closed.

Gate valve is fully open there picasso, do you or anyone else think this issue will go away once I remove the speedfit stop end and then connect all the remaining pipework up to the shower pump?

It's very annoying as I thought I'd done a decent job so far.

But if the feed comes out of the top, how come you're feed is closed off.

But if the feed comes out of the top, how come you're feed is closed off.

Top feed is for the shower pump which I havent finished the pipe work to - got to run a inlet feed from the Cold water tank yet. Plan is to connect the hot up then.

I have done the pipework to the bathroom - thats the two copper pipes to the left (outlets)

The side on the Warix goes to the expansion feed tank, and the top exit is for the hot water outlet, which you'd then split for the bathroom and the shower pump. Have I misunderstood how you've set this up.

The side on the Warix goes to the expansion feed tank, and the top exit is for the hot water outlet, which you'd then split for the bathroom and the shower pump. Have I misunderstood how you've set this up.

Yes, it is the opposite on a Warix flange according to the install instructions - Surrey is the way you describe Doggit.

I did wonder if that's how the pipe to the side was set up. Have you got the minimum height okay.

I did wonder if that's how the pipe to the side was set up. Have you got the minimum height okay.

Border line minimum height I'll admit but I'm hopefully replacing the tank in the near future.

It was originally like this but I never had an issue with spluttering and it's not that different really.

20180209_132910.jpg

Now I could be wrong, but I wonder if there's too much air in the top of the cylinder. There's no issue with the water getting in from the cold cylinder I take it. You've got air getting into the system some where though.

Now I could be wrong, but I wonder if there's too much air in the top of the cylinder. There's no issue with the water getting in from the cold cylinder I take it. You've got air getting into the system some where though.

I think it could be air myself but haven't a clue where from unless it's to do with the pushfit stop end, really struggling with this one.

Cold supply seems fine, no issues there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back