Hot water system problems..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks...when I turn my boiler on for hot water...with our oil boiler..after a few moments it fires up and pump also runs but within a few mins in shuts down, the pump is still permanently running but the boiler never fires again...I have put my hand on the valve near the storage tank and it's cold on the pipework...I have also tried to operate the manual lever on the valve but there is no resistance and it feels like it's doing nothing!! Can anyone help? Thank-you. Just one thing I should mention is I have the central heating side drained down at the moment whilst I replace some rads...it's a sealed system which is obviously meaning there is no pressure in the rad system but I'm assuming this shouldn't effect the hot water side of my system...any advice or help much appreciated...

Sponsored Links
You need to refill it back as the hot water that goes to cylinder from boiler is part of heating system.

Boiler overheat cos of lack of water and cut out.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back