hot water tank

S

Skimmers

how hard is it to change a hot water tank element (heating rod)

Sponsored Links
Sure that it is the element and not the thermostat?

Not a problem water off and drain hot water down.

Then it may move easily it may not.
A good dose of WD40.
Big hammer may be required.

Is the Immersion Top, middle or bottom mount, Top replacement easy, but gets a bit more difficult with the other two. Sizes do vary so make sure you get the details off the top of the original Immersion.

Regarding the thermostat replacement I tend to replace the complete unit (thermostat and heater in one go). They are cheap enough
You will need an Immersion Box Spanner and plenty of WD 40.

80367.jpg

Right the problem is its got the header tank build in to it soo theres header tank then copper hot water tank all in one thing.
the main problem is emptying the tank its self lower then the immersion its self as its right at the bottom and the both the out let pipe and filler are above that so there is no way of draining the last 1/3 of the tank theres NO drain valve.

the tank only rund two hot tape in hole place.

Sponsored Links
nope this tank install was done by a guy on a horse all pipe work is mixes from JG pushfits copper and flexi
no joke i wish id took a pic

in order to change the immersion ill need to drain the tank fully.
then disconnect all pipe work then turn the tank to face me as the immersion
is not facing the door frame at an angle id say no more then 5" away from the frame!!!!!!!
iv said to change the stat its going to be half days works because of all the messing about.
and moving draining ect and iv said its best to move the tank so its easier to get to it and to change the pipe work to all copper and end feed gear and to install a drain cock but hayhoooo im still waiting for the call back
I wasnt starting nothing with out the nod from the landlord

nope this tank install was done by a guy on a horse all pipe work is mixes from JG pushfits copper and flexi

is not facing the door frame at an angle id say no more then 5" away from the frame!!!!!!!
iv said to change the stat its going to be half days works because of all the messing about.
and moving draining ect and iv said its best to move the tank so its easier to get to it and to change the pipe work to all copper and end feed gear and to install a drain cock but hayhoooo im still waiting for the call back

Why don't you let the Landlord sort it?

Are you living in the property or have you been asked to do the job and wanting advice ?
If you are living there, just pass it onto the Landlord.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back