hot water won't turn off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 18 month old Potterton Performa 24 and when I used the hot water tap in the kitchen it wouldn't turn off. When the tap is in the off position it has a lot of pressure and sounds like air going through it. The pressure decreases when the cold water is on. I have turned the boiler off and the isolating valve off for the cold water inlet. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Let me see if I've got this right,'the pressure decreases when the cold water is on'
From this I assume you have a combi because of the direction connection between mains cold water and hot water which is mains fed.
If the hot tap will not turn off it sounds as if it is jammed partially open or the sealing washer is split which means it needs dismantling or replacing.
To do this close the mains cold water stop cock and drain off the water from both cold and hot taps. Leave the cold tap open while you work on the hot tap just in case there is some leakage through the stop cock.
Thats my idea of your problem!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you dont fix it can I come to your house for a bath ? Save me putting my heating on :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back