Hot water works but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Combi boiler and over the past few months I have had maybe 5 incidents of the heating not working. The pilot light fires up and works fine for hot water but when I click advance on the heating nothing happens. Within a few hours or overnight this usually goes away but it's been a day and ahalf now and it still doesn't work. There's obviously a problem somewhere and it sounds electrical and I just want to know what it is now!

Pressure is fine and there is no leak. I have a thermostat on a wall in a different room.

Any ideas?

Lee

Sponsored Links
Hold on until I get my crystal ball out!!...we need more info than this..what model boiler is it?, what controls are fitted?.

I have encountered a few PCB faults like that on 10-12 year old Worcester boilers.

Seems to be an anti-cycling error.

Never had any time or help to confirm that though.

Tony

Sorry it's a Worcester 28si II and the thermostat is a Dayton Digistat 1. I've just taken some pictures of the set up so will try to upload them if I can work out how to do it off an iPad!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back