HOTEL KEY CARDS

ive fitted some of these,with different cards for different people and iirc the only thing on the card was the code i set.
we had a few and i had to set them all up using 1 key set card and all others where for each individual lock.
they were bloody expensive and last about 18 mths before we ripped them out coz they kept breaking down.

Sponsored Links
chip and pin was my idea.... ( or at least the chip on the card bit was.. )

while doing an electronics YTS, I used to do my own projects on a lunch time and after hours ( with the works consent ).

At the request of a work mate ( also on YTS but not as clever as me ), I made several "immobilisers" for his cars.
the first was a simple key code using a dedicated chip, the second was a similar afair but using a PIC so he could have as long a code as he wanted and the ability to use the same number more than once in the code.
the 3rd was the same as the second but included a link to a pager that paged the owner if the code was not entered within 20 seconds.
the 4th was a card reader that worked like the satelite cards ( and now the chip and pin.. ), with a unique etched card for it linking the 12 connections or not.
the 5th included a e²prom chip on the card that contained a unique set of data ( 256KB worth ) so to fill it we put in all sorts of stuff in ascii including name, age, DOB, address, favourite film, and even a short quote from his favourite film.

Sponsored Links
Back