Hotoint FDL570g Dishwasher Element problem ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint FDL570g dishwasher, which is about two years old. The problem is I keep on getting an error code when it goes to dry the dishes.

The error code is, salt and rinse aid flash and also the start/pause button flash.

The dishwasher will complete the washing part of the cycle but will then stop and pump out. Also when i look inside, the dish washing capsule has released, but hasn't split or melted so it has stayed intact.

I think this could be a Code 4, time out heating, so could be the element but I am not to sure.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Does it get hot , if not heater has gone.

Anybody else had the same kind of problem with the Hotpoints

Sponsored Links
Have taken the panel of the bottom of the dishwasher but have no idea what the element is placed or looks like any help would he great

You usually find the element is Tubular shaped it should be connected right next to the motor if the appliance is getting some heat then it could be a thermostat/ NTC problem

in my experiance these types of elements dont fail often - if you have a meter you can check the resistance of it - should be around 30 Ohms and an insulation test should be 1000mOhms ( although anything over 1m Ohms is acceptable)

I will give this a test tommorow, dose it still have to be in the machine for me to test it

No it don't have to be in to test it. You can't miss it is round and joined to the circulation pump. Don't split the rubber hoses when you take it out also you will need 2 jubilee clips as well to replace the old clips.

Have taken it out and will test tommorow, the jubilee clips where abit tough to get off but did it without damaging the hoses. If this isant the problem I will look at the thermostat or for an ntc problem. However how exactly would I check these ?

Tested the element and its ok, so I will check the thermostat next. Where abouts in the dishwasher is it ? And what dose it look like ?

Any ideas where the thermostat sits in the Hotpoint dishwasher

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back