Hotpoint Aquarious leaking a lot of water from drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 4 year old hotpoint aquirius washing machine and 2 days ago it started leaking water from the soap drawer.

It did this during the rinse and wash cycle. I opened up the machine, removed the dispensing drawer and cleaned out all the "water holes". I also checked the pipes for any blockages but couldnt find any.

I then tested it on a quick wash and it went through fine, no leaks.

However today morning the wife done a full load on a normal wash and again on the rinse and spin it started leaking water.

Does anyone know what may be causing this and how difficult/easy is it to sort this problem out?

I'm a plumber and generally handy with opening up and fixing things like PC's so am hoping this is also something i can fix myself without having to pay an engineer a high price!

The wife has been nagging me all day yesterday over this so i really would appreciate any help from you guys in resolving my washing machine dilemma so i can get a bit of peice at home! many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
filter blocked at the rear unblock it ,it will be fine

filter blocked at the rear unblock it ,it will be fine

sorry to sound stupid but how do i get to the filter? My machine definately has no filter at the front, so as you said its going to be at the back, but i have no idea as never had to remove this before.

I recall a few months back the machine done the wash but did not do the final spin. We had an engineer come out (i wasnt at home) and apparently he was there fore 5 mins. Apparently their was a blockage of hair. I'm assuming this was the filter that was blocked.

model number , look at the back and you will see a square panel down the bottom ,remove that and the filter is in front of you. a black cup looking thing .

Sponsored Links
yep, remove the white cover at the rear ,big black cup with a jubilee clip round it underneath thats the filter .

Decided to have a go last night. Removed the cover from the back, checked the filter and it was blocked full of rubbish, cut up bits of material, old rusted bra wires, bits of hair and tissue! cleared it, put the machine on a normal wash and no leaks! worked a treat!

Many thanks for your help!! My first morning in a while without any naggin, all thanks to you lol

Thanks for the filter location, i had the same problem with my Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine leaking through the detergent drawer on spin cycle! Inside there was various hair clips and 2 socks (Thanks kids!) a 20 pence piece, and a bunch of keys (Which iv'e never seen before?)

Running the washing cycle now to test it but that seems the obvious solution.

Although I presume that I may have to check this filter again at some point, it is not the most accessible filter i've ever had to clear!!

Thanks again!!

Just read these posts after having the same trouble,opened up the filter and found allsorts, and am now £4.27 up...Thanks alot .:cool:

Hiya..
I too have the Hotpoint Aquarius (WML560) that is leaking from under the drawer, It's not hurrendous but it is dripping and forming a puddle at the end of its cylcle. I've had the filter off on the front right and found £3.74, I've had the drawer out and cleaned thoroughly, nothing is blocked there, I'm not too sure where to look next ? I've put a cleaner through it in case something was clogged elsewhere, I just can't work out why it only drips towards the end and not other times when its emptying or filling, I've been checking it every 10 mins to see when it does it and its ?
baffled.com
Any suggestiong would be apprecated,

thanks - had this leaking water problem from the soap tray - removed the filter and made 70p along with the discovery of a sock and various other half chewed items! thought we were going to have to get a new machine!
thanks loads! :D

I'll be attempting this in a minute, mines been leaking since we moved house, other halfs had it open but we couldnt find the filter! (royal we...meaning he looked, I drank tea, ha ha) fingers crossed it works!

Hi All,

My mum has the same problem - a lot of water coming through the dispensing drawer - but she has a wd440 model. Can anyone tell me where the filter is on that one please?
Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back