Hotpoint aquarious wd440 faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have an issue and need some advice.
My hotpoint wd440 washer/drier will not pump out the water. i have read some posts here and have removed and cleaned the filter but the fault still occurs. The fault lights no 2 and 4 are flashing along with the power light. the wash cycle works ok but stops when it should pump out. if i lower the drain pipe below the level of the drum the water now drains ok so i am confident the filter and pipe are clear. Any advise on what is wrong would be great also a cheap parts supplier and fitting advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check the pump poss impeller jammed. Follow waste pipe to it.

On my machine, (not a Hotpoint) I had the problem of the water not being pumped out. I discovered that my son had put a hair tie in the machine, this had got wrapped around the pump impellor, jammimg it solid, hence no water being pumped out so the probram was not getting a signal to move on to the next stage in the wash cycle. Hopefully, your problem will be as simple as mine was.

Thanks for the advice today. was about to got out and buy a new one but done as you advised and guess what.... found a hair grip in motor! working now so save me a fortune. thank you again. :D

Sponsored Links
You are very welcome, my friend, I am pleased to hear that your problem is solved. It's a great feeling when you get a good result.

I recently had a true result in fixing the main control board of my WD440 thanks to the C17 copacitor page on this site, but I am still stuck with another problem.

After about 5 mins on a normal wash, it repeatedly tripped the MCB for the downstairs sockets. The tripping continues about 8 or so times until the first drain. I wondered whether it's concerned with the heating element in the early part of the wash cycle. Any ideas? Wouldn't I get and error display if the heating element had gone?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back