Hotpoint WD440 Not Pumping Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have had many nightmares with this Hotpoint WD440 machine and now its out of its 12 months warranty (as of last week) Hotpoint now want to charge me!

Basically, its not pumping water out. I have checked the pump and hoses and all seems ok. Could this be a PCB fault?

If so, is there a guide anywhere for me to follow on how to replace this as I have seen a few PCB's on eBay.

Thanks for your help
Rich

Sponsored Links
Just want to add, I just tried a rinse spin and it tried and gave up now showing the on/off flashing very fast with the 2nd and 4th lights (reduce creases and time saver) flashing slower.

If anyone knows what this is, I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks
Rich

no worries now, I think I've done it. Found a hairpin deep inside the pump after taking the pump apart and now its working.

Sponsored Links
Nice bit of info had the same prob found a needle blocking the impellor took the pump out and apart and saved a nice wedge of cash.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back