Hotpoint Aquarius DF22 DW stopping. Not blocked?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stops intermittently. The knob goes 1,2,3,4,5 and it tends to stop just before a number - but we aren't sure what it should have been doing.
It pumps out OK, and the element gets hot ( though not necessarily at the right times!) We nudge the knob and hear its motor start up again and away it goes.
Could it be not heating..? Though it does get hot for drying.

I went up its bottom and took the red-arrowed hoses off and applied aquavac, but there was nothing alarming in there. No great sloughs of goo I was lusting after.

topkcl.jpg

bottomsw.jpg

Thenks awfleh, cheps :)

Sponsored Links
You have a thermostat prob. Located in the door panel. And poss one screwed on the base of the tub.

HI Rocks - just been reading about a "matrix" - so had a look & I think it's clear. just a bit of scale.
matrixsm.jpg

CLICK to make big

At what point in the cycle should the thing heat the wash water? I mean if you put it on "2" should it get hot before the knob gets to "3"? Cos it's not.
knobb.jpg

I looked behind the door, I don't recognise a thermostat :(
What do they look like - small round with a couple of fastons?

doorsm.jpg

Click for detail

or duuh it would be behind the black insulation, wouldn't it :oops: :oops:

Right there no stat in the door what about underneath near the front should be screwed onto the tub base.

Sponsored Links
Unrelated to any thermostat issues you may have I know...But it looks like you have (or have had) a leak on the circulation motor. You can see it on the first photo (between the top two red arrows). There are signs of leakage around the main hose & base of the impellor housing.

Yuh I noticed a few leaks. Old machine now though, and some of the short hoses look hard to get off. I put a shower waste in the tiled floor underneath it, so I'll just keep an eye on it.

Thermostats..
Found two possible contenders, both tricky to get at.
One on the left arrowed blue near the heater red

statleft.jpg

detail:
statlright.jpg

and one over on the right
statontheright.jpg

detail:

statontherightdetail.jpg

WOuld one be for drying/rinsing and the other for washing?

After vaccing out the hoses as above we did a wash. We don't think it heated the water for the wash but it didn't stop either. EH? surely it should wait to heat up??

The one on the left says 85NC, degrees?? Normally closed?
the one on the left I can't tell....

leftdetdet.jpg

Yep they are the ones. Change both or try and test them in a cup of hot water.

Do they twist undone?

Spares places list these, 65º £40

duuh..
statir.jpg

Ones got a locking tab on it the other one unclips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back