Hotpoint Aquarius WDL540P - Starts but then stops - Any ideas ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having problems with our Hotpoint Aquarius WDL540P washer dryer.

It will power on without any warning lights. We can select the programme, and start. It starts to fill with water and the drum starts turning. After a very short time it stops turning and nothing then happens at all.

The water level is just below the door, which I believe is correct - so I think it is filling up properly.

There are no warning lights coming on. The start/pause button is lit green still (as it should be), but then never progresses.

We did replace the carbon brushes a month or so ago after a similar problem (but the drum wouldn't turn at all before replacing them), and that resolved the problem at the time. The carbon brushes look fine now though, so I don't think that is anything to do with the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what it may be, or what we could do to diagnose the problem and try to find out what is causing the issue and what part(s) we would need to replace.

The washer dryer is just over 8 years old so don't want to spend too much money on it.

Thanks in advance for any advise and/or suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Unless it's something simple and obvious, at 8 years old I'd be tempted to cut my losses and get a new one. I know that answer is no use to you at all, sorry!

Thanks for your reply.

That was my thoughts, but I was thinking it might just be something simple - like the carbon brushes or element. Worth a shot first before scrapping it if anyone has any ideas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back