1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotpoint Aquarius DF61.... all noisey no worky

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by kiesh, 14 Apr 2009.

1. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Erm, as above, the machine makes a noise like its doing something, but nomatter where the dial is, it makes the same noise, and nothing in the machine is getting wet... the salt holder is full to the brim with water, but the main machine seems to be draining ok. The water supply is ok, and the drain is now going into a bucket to ensure that wasnt somehow causing a problem... Any help greatly appreciated!
    Kieran

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Leccy758

Leccy758

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Check the base of the machine for water (underneath) you may have a leak.

If leak protection is fitted and you have a leak it will do nothing except operate the drain pump to prevent flooding

4. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Me thinks your onto something there, there is water under the machine, and when i move it i get more come out... are there any parts that are common leakers, or can you suggest where to start leak detecting!?
    thanks for your suggestion, makes sense with some sort of leak protection pump running.
    Kiesh

5. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, firstly thanks to Leccy for his correct diagnosis. Ive lifted the main tub off the base and found the base to be full of water which was activating the polystyrene float, which in turn activated the leak protection circuit, so nice one there. However.... there is nothing obviously leaking. There is a bit of muck round the main seal in the centre of the machine sealing off the drain round the bottom sprayer, but i'm unconvinced that that is the culprit as it has three anchor points and would seam to be fairly well secured. Are these common to fail? is there a good place to get a set of seals for this machine from? (and also the leak protection micro switch, which i have now broken in my haste to remove the tub!)
    Kind regards
    Kieran

6. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi again,

i have now fixed the leak on the machine and it works, but i cant source a float switch!!

ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET A FLOAT SWITCH FOR THIS MACHINE?!?
    (part number D429-YGAE)

cheers
    Kieran

7. rocks1

rocks1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thats not a hp part number do you mean the poly white bit

8. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    yes i think so, its a micro switch with three 'legs' on it. white plastic casing, with a little blue activator, which is activated by the float to drain the machine. any ideas?

9. Sponsored Links
  10. rocks1

rocks1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  11. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Rocks, on the picture its the white switch with the red plastic rod underneath it,
    IE in the picture 'rocks1's albums > bosch 2' its on the far right hand side with the plug attached,
    thanks for your help so far
    Kieran

12. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Rocks1, is that a part you have or can tell me where to get it?
    cheers
    Kieran

13. rocks1

rocks1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    the part you want is 1801242 its not cheap 30 quid from hotpoint comes complete withmicro switch and regen bottle

14. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks for that chap, just got the switch off ebay for £8 delivered from germnay!
    hopefully thats the end of it. will update when its fitted. thanks for the help everyone
    Kiesh

15. kiesh

kiesh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Right, success.
    i couldn't get replacement seals, so i used HT sanitary silicone and bodged the old ones, replaced the switch (thanks to streifenfeuer on ebay, £8_) i broke when taking the tub off the base and it all works again, seems not be leaking, and operates as before, good stuff.
    Thanks to all who helped, i'd also like to thank my mum and dad, and all the people who supported me along the way, thanks to god, and mostly to hotpoint without whom non of this would have been possible... or necessary.
    Kiesh

16. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local