Hotpoint Aquarius DF61.... all noisey no worky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Erm, as above, the machine makes a noise like its doing something, but nomatter where the dial is, it makes the same noise, and nothing in the machine is getting wet... the salt holder is full to the brim with water, but the main machine seems to be draining ok. The water supply is ok, and the drain is now going into a bucket to ensure that wasnt somehow causing a problem... Any help greatly appreciated!
Kieran

Sponsored Links
Check the base of the machine for water (underneath) you may have a leak.

If leak protection is fitted and you have a leak it will do nothing except operate the drain pump to prevent flooding

Me thinks your onto something there, there is water under the machine, and when i move it i get more come out... are there any parts that are common leakers, or can you suggest where to start leak detecting!?
thanks for your suggestion, makes sense with some sort of leak protection pump running.
Kiesh

Hi, firstly thanks to Leccy for his correct diagnosis. Ive lifted the main tub off the base and found the base to be full of water which was activating the polystyrene float, which in turn activated the leak protection circuit, so nice one there. However.... there is nothing obviously leaking. There is a bit of muck round the main seal in the centre of the machine sealing off the drain round the bottom sprayer, but i'm unconvinced that that is the culprit as it has three anchor points and would seam to be fairly well secured. Are these common to fail? is there a good place to get a set of seals for this machine from? (and also the leak protection micro switch, which i have now broken in my haste to remove the tub!)
Kind regards
Kieran

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

i have now fixed the leak on the machine and it works, but i cant source a float switch!!

ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET A FLOAT SWITCH FOR THIS MACHINE?!?
(part number D429-YGAE)

cheers
Kieran

thats not a hp part number do you mean the poly white bit

yes i think so, its a micro switch with three 'legs' on it. white plastic casing, with a little blue activator, which is activated by the float to drain the machine. any ideas?

Hi Rocks, on the picture its the white switch with the red plastic rod underneath it,
IE in the picture 'rocks1's albums > bosch 2' its on the far right hand side with the plug attached,
thanks for your help so far
Kieran

Rocks1, is that a part you have or can tell me where to get it?
cheers
Kieran

the part you want is 1801242 its not cheap 30 quid from hotpoint comes complete withmicro switch and regen bottle

thanks for that chap, just got the switch off ebay for £8 delivered from germnay!
hopefully thats the end of it. will update when its fitted. thanks for the help everyone
Kiesh

Right, success.
i couldn't get replacement seals, so i used HT sanitary silicone and bodged the old ones, replaced the switch (thanks to streifenfeuer on ebay, £8_) i broke when taking the tub off the base and it all works again, seems not be leaking, and operates as before, good stuff.
Thanks to all who helped, i'd also like to thank my mum and dad, and all the people who supported me along the way, thanks to god, and mostly to hotpoint without whom non of this would have been possible... or necessary.
Kiesh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back