Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher Draining problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Anyone help with this.......

Have a Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher, it has stopped pumping the water out.

I have checked the waste pipe that is not blocked, checked all the filters no problem there.

The pump doesnt make a noise and it doesnt even try to pump any water, so it sounds like it must be a faulty pump.

Anyone got any ideas...?

Are they easy to change?

Any help would be much appreciated,as the wife has got to start washing the dishes again...

Sponsored Links
On my Hotpoint, there is a float swich under the machine (polystyrene float) Get the machine out tip it back the water will run out only 1/2 a cup.

Hi

Thanks for that.....

This float switch...is it a question of replacing? What does it do?

There is a little tray on the bottom of the machine that catches water, when its full the switch is activated to stop flooding.
If yours has water in this will stop the machine (stops kitchen flooding).
So if it keeps filling the problem will not be with the switch, but with a leak. Mine just filled the once for no apparent reason.

Sponsored Links
O.K.

I will try that...thanks.

Everything seems to work o.k. untill it gets to the point in the program to drain the water and the machine stops and nothing else happens.

It happened before and the engineer said it was due to dirty filters and the sensors are very sensetive, but the filters are clean and ok.

THe first part of the wash cycle is to pump water out from the machine, this is before water enters the machine. Does this happen?

No..Unless i have emptied the water out manually the machine wont start any cycle.

So you have a different problem then.
Can you hear the pump running when you switch a cycle on?
If you can, then the pump could be jammed, turn the machine on its back (I think back or side) take the get pump off, I have had chicken bone & broken glass caught in my pump. Clear the pump & replace 5 min job.
If the pump does not run then it could be faulty pump/switch/wiring.

Yes there is a humming noise... i will try what you said.

Many Thanks

ive got the machine upside down<both side panels and the top off,and the front plate off,i cant access the pump to check it,any pointers?

Can you hear your pump humming?
If it is then you probably have a blocked/jammed pump.
The pum has to be removed.

I know the pump needs to come out,that's what I'm struggling with,gaining access to the pump

Have you identified the pump?
I think it has 2 screws holding it & the inlet & outlet pipe.

I can't get. Access to the pump as everything seems to be fastened to the moulded plastic base and its not accessible from the sides

Well Im guessing its a different model, find the model No & post a new thread.
Called Like 'Hotpoint Dishwasher Model xyz, jammed pump'
This is generally much beter than hijacking a thread, although it shows you did some searching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back