Hotpoint Aquarius Extra WMA44

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 80 year old MIL'S washer has a problem when trying to use the low or high speed spin only function. It just sits there revolving at a gentle pace & occasionally reversing. She tells me it is ok during a wash programme & spins properly, but I have not seen that for myself. Can anyone identify this fault or give clues where to start, or even if it is worth bothering looking at a 6 year old machine. Many thanks. PS a forum search did not bring up any relavant posts.

Sponsored Links
out of balance load , try it empty if it spins ok nothing wrong with it. dont wash 1 item in this mc it wont spin it goes oob very easy

That was my first thought, but I have been trying it empty.Do you think it could be a problem with a unbalanced load sensor, if so any idea where it is? Thanks

did it spin empty ,if not the senser is on the pcb , nothing you can do about it you need to clean presure chamber out on the sump ,its a tube attatched to the side that goes into sump and clean the sump out as well there will be loads of muck inside it :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back