Hotpoint Aquarius FDL570 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Sodding housekeeping have been too rough with our communal dishwasher and have somehow managed to push the buttons through the fascia and now that the programme knob has come off, the whole control unit has dropped inside the door rendering the dishwasher useless.

My boss has decided a new one might be in order, in which case I'd like to keep the original one as it's only about a year old and must be repairable and we don't have a dishwasher at home.

I've had a look at it and can't find how to remove the fascia to get inside it. There doesn't appear to be any screws or anything to undo it. Does anyone know how to get it off so I can re-fit the control panel so I can fix it either for the staff room or myself.

Cheers

Kristian

Hotpoint-fdl570p.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not seen one of these yet but looking at the pic I assume you may have to remove the metal door outer to get to the control panel/fascia behind.

Working on the assumption it is similar to some hoover models I have seen

A common problem on this model. Pressing the buttons too hard weakens the module retaining tags & eventually one (or both) modules become unclipped. Take off the door facia & control panel. Reseat the modules & then screw them in place. There are 2 vacant screw holes on the right hand side module & 3 vacant screw holes on the left module. Now why Hotpoint didn't think screw fastening was necessary when they designed the machine I wonder why they included locating holes for screws in the first place :eek: As an afterthought (and many complaints) they now retrofit a screw fastening kit to secure both modules (p/n C00277641). You can buy one here http://www.apart4u.co.uk/interface-module-fix-ing-screws-c00277641.html or just use ordinary self tappers of suitable size/length.

Brilliant advice, thank you.

But how do I remove the door fascia? The only screws in the door appear to be holding the metal plate down on the inside of the door. I can't see any retaining clips or anything holding the fascia in place.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Open the door & remove the screws on all 3 edges, you'll soon figure out the rest.

Hi i have another problem with this dishwasher the small door that lets the wash tab. fall into the machine doesn't open. I've made sure all is clean and the release catch isn;t sticking. Any ideas please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back