Hotpoint Aquarius Spin problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Hotpoint WMA48 decided to play up after some 4 years. It went through a normal wash cycle but when the spin part started the motor operates very slowly in one direction, stops and the does the same thing in the reverse direction. After about 20 seconds this cycle is repeated. I tried the different spin programmes; slow, fast and rinse and spin but no change. I thought the printed circuit control board was defective so I sent it away to a bonifide company who came back no fault found and suggested I try the brushes. I did and they were about two thirds worn. I replaced them but the original problem persists.

Has anyone ideas as to what the problem could be. Answers gratefully received as I don't want to scrap the machine jusy yet!

Peter

Sponsored Links
Did u spin it empty. Also check the presure pipe/ chamber. Located at the rear remove the sump it's attached to the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back