Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 - The Flashing Lights Saga!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of help please, I have searched on line for the flshing light problem, (On/Off, Drying High Heat & Reduce Creases) and in most cases the resolution seems to be a loose wire in the system. I have checked all the connectors on the main circuit board and virtually all the connections in the system but have not cured the problem. With the prospect of doing a continuity check on every wire looming (no pun intended!) on the horizon any suggestions please on a more specific check?
The saga rolls on checked the filter, yes it was blocked!, reconnected all pipr work, blew through pressure hose and checked switch, all ok. Did it work? No same flshing lights on 1&2 indicating Comms problem, but where?
Rocks1, shoots and scores! Thanks matey, took the lower pcb out, not difficult at all so long as you note down where all the wire connections go! True enough the PCB was smoked, Transformer E1 and Capacitors C4&C1 dont look too well and some soot tracesd around one or 2 resistors in the same area. I reckon the maintenance wash with the blocked filter and the resultant water overflow caused some power feedbacks with the PCB getting the worst end of the deal.
The moral of the tale if you have a problem check your filter first so you dont make things worse.
Looking for a new PCB at a local source and hopefully that will sort it, let you know if it works.

Sponsored Links
It means the top pcb is not talking to the bottom pcb. Unplug the top pcb. Then unplug the mc for 5 mins. If that dont cure it new bottom pcb req.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back