Hotpoint Aquarius WD420P temperature too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Hotpoint Aquarius WD420P (washer/dryer) gets way hot during washing, the clothes come out steaming... It doesn't matter how I set the temperature, they all come out the same way. The hot dampness doesn't make my clothes any fresher!

Maybe needless to say but the built-in dryer has the same problem: clothes are steaming hot and damp instead of dry (or even relatively dry).

Could this be a filter/clogging problem? Is there anything I can have a look at myself?

Thanks for your help!

Syl

Sponsored Links
have a look at the water in hoses
are they cold to cold & hot to hot.
or if cold only then is it the cold tap ??

wf220 is not a washer dryer wrong model number.post back model number should be wd ....

Thanks!

and oops, I just used the number it said on the front of the machine...

Apparently it's actually a WD420P.

I will check the board again if there's anything already posted, but do reply if you have any ideas!

Sponsored Links
depending on the serial number it could be hot and cold or cold only,setting the temp does not set the temp thats for hand wash only .when you put it on 40 thats the temp it washes at same as 60 etc .when you put it on dry do you here water going in for 20 secounds :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back