Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 - no display showing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We used the washing machine a couple of days ago with no problem. Now, suddenly, there is no display - we can't get an LED display by pressing the On/Off button or the Start/Cancel button; have checked the plug; changed the fuse 3 times.
Can anyone help with this, or do I need to get an engineer to look at it?
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
does the machine have ower to it
i.e does it start or something

Hi
The socket has been checked, the fuse changed in the plug and the plug tried in a different socket. Still there is no response when pressing the on/off button - the LCD doesn't light up, and it doesn't switch on.
Can you help?
Thanks

1st place is to check where the power comes in
take the lid off and at the back left is a power surpressor. this would be a great place to start
check for loose connection or burning
run a test from these points to start

Sponsored Links
Hi! I've got the same problem today...has happened occasionally for a couple of months now. Loathed to call engineer as it's expensive. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

does or did the display flicker on and off ie very dim .

Thanks for your reply; excuse my late response.
The 'Time Saver' light has been coming on randomly. The display itself is clear; we had the circuit board replaced 2 years ago. Now, the programmes all show up, but the machine won't start.
All very strange!

If the buttons all light up door locks but nothing happens check motor brushes poss worn. Oitherwise check the start button has not come off from top pcb.

Hi
We used the washing machine a couple of days ago with no problem. Now, suddenly, there is no display - we can't get an LED display by pressing the On/Off button or the Start/Cancel button; have checked the plug; changed the fuse 3 times.
Can anyone help with this, or do I need to get an engineer to look at it?
Thanks for your help.

i had the same problem. //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=229951

it turned out that my pcb was blown due to the motor blowin it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back