hotpoint Aquarius WF740 all lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i put on a wash yesterday, and during the wash i noticed all the lights on the display were flashing.
the wash finished with no problems.
now when i press the on button, the wash button wash is lit and the display will only show 1.15hours no matter what programme i select.
i haven't tried to used the machine.
plaese help.

Sponsored Links
What happens then u turn the knob to another prog. Does the dial click round.

New knob needed the stalk on the knob is split , you can cable tie the end together til u get a new knob

Sponsored Links
Remove the lid then consol panel , then remove screws holding display panel in.

i just switched on the machine and some of the lights are flahing again.
the 5 lights down the left are flashing and the door locked and on/off.
the display is flashing 1400.

Ignore what I said earlier miss read the model number , you have a c17 cap fault read the sticky above there's a post about it it cost pennies to replace. Plenty of pics as well cap is on the pcb in the bottom corner.

Have you changed the right cap it should have a blown head on it.

i've took the pcb out again.

i don't think anything has blown.

theres a bit of blackening on the protective case by R-20 and C-10

If you have changed the cap then it's poss taken other components out very unusual, send the pcb to emw in Nottingham for a recon one £45.00 will send it back the following day that's the only way and the cheapest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back