hotpoint aquarius wdl540 washer/dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,i have a hotpoint aquarius wdl540 washer/dryer... i started a wash,but about 3 minutes into the wash(as the drum was turning) four lights flashed on the washer,(see picture)and i heard a loud clicking noise,and the washer stopped...i have read about other hotpoint needing a new capacitor....i have removed the board from the bottom of the washer and i can only see what i believe is the only capacitor(see blurry picture)...it says 10uf 400v....should i change this....if so can you give me a link for one.....or of course could it be something else....i uploaded pictures but not showing...help....

Sponsored Links
Need to know the status of the lights in the right not the ones on the bottom.

The error code is to do with the lights on the right. Ie. wash rinse spin door lock. When the lights flash what combination lights are on the right.

Sponsored Links
thanks.....3rd button down spin,(orange light)4th button down dry.(orange light)6th button down door lock.(red light). start/pause button(orange light)....thanks

You got error fo7. which means heater open circuit or pcb faulty.

i really appreciate that thanks...would you know how i could check the heater open circuit.to be honest i dont understand what it means,when it says heater open circuit.does it basically mean.check the heating element with a tester.i could hear the heater,heating up as it was washing....as for the board,would that have to be tested by an engineer,or i could buy a capacitor off ebay and take it to my computer shop to get it soldered.but i dont know if its a c17 all i know is it says10uf 400v....appreciate your time and effort thanks

If it heats up then heater poss ok. C17 cap is nothing to do with model at all. Your pcb is faulty heater relay on it to be precise , you can send pcb to emw for a recon one for £45.00 or call hotpoint all in charge parts and labour £105.00. You cannot buy the pcb it needs to be programmed as well , otherwise it will be blank.

oh i see,i did not realise it had to be programmed....i will get in touch with hotpoint and let them do it then,for peace of mind....i really appreciate your time and effort.thanks rocks1... :D

Hi we have the same washer dryer which has been in storage and had hardly any use. Last night during a wash cycle it made a series of rapid bangs or clicks before going off. It had blown the plug fuse so I replaced it and switched it on again. I saw all the lights on the front come on for a second before it made the same noises and shut down again. As it shut down I saw a bright flash from the back left corner opposite the pcb. When I removed the back panel I found a transformer in this corner and an electrical burning smell but no obvious damage?
Dont know if its relevant but the conditioner recently stopped sitting in the drawer and just drained away into the machine as soon as it was put in?
I dont seem to get a fault code as it shuts down and blows the fuse almost immediately so im a bit stuck and its too good to throw away? Please help as I know the engineer will just give me the patter about it being cheaper to replace etc etc

oh i see,i did not realise it had to be programmed....i will get in touch with hotpoint and let them do it then,for peace of mind....i really appreciate your time and effort.thanks rocks1... :D
.....just an update....now bought another washer with warranty...thanks all for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back