Washer dryer wdl540 all light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need help-i have hotpoint washer dryer wdl540-all light flashing-can somebody tell me what's wrong with it? thanks..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi,
I have a similar all lights flashing error when using the dryer. I checked the capacitor C17 and it looks fine so I didn't change it.

I have worked out that the heater fan isn't blowing but that heater is coming on and I guess it's tripping on over temp.

I measured the voltage across the fan terminals and it showed 0V. When I disconnected the wires and measured across there was 50V. The resistance of the fan motor coil was 50 ohms so looks OK.

Any idea what might be the problem? Could it be the dreaded C17 has really failed ?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Put your finger on the spindle of the fan does it move.

I need to know the status lights in the right. Wash rinse spin door lock etc. the flashing lights under do not give a error code.

Hi the lights are:

Lock is lit (bottom)
Sunshine is lit (3rd up)
Spin is lit (4th up)

Cheers.

Any fluff round the fan blades. Also flush the condenser out with cold fill pipe. Loads of old fluff will give that error.

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life but I am experiencing the same problem.
Although it only seems to happen once the machine has done a wash cycle and then starts the drying cycle.
If I leave it for an hour or so it appears to work on the setting 12 for the dryer.
I have taken PCB out and all appears okay, I have removed the lid and de fluffed the fan, I have also flushed out the water pump at the bottom of the machine.
Anyone able to shed some light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back