Hotpoint aquarius wf000t giving me problems !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am hoping that someone might throw some light on my problem washing machine.

I have a Hotpoint aquarius WF000T washing machine

It was working just fine apart from sounding like a jet engine which I worked out was the drum bearings. I did my homework and managed to do a good job of replacing them. I took a lot of care when putting it all back together but it appears that I managed to upset something.

The problem is that the machine will start to begin its programme, Door locks, Starts to fill with water but stops after a short while and the drum will spin quite quickly then pause for a few seconds before spinning again and then pausing after which it spins one more time before stopping and then emptying.( it does exactly the same thing every time, short fill, spins and pauses 3 times and then empties)
Once the water has gone the pump just keeps running. The ON Off button flashes very fast and light number 3 (rinse hold) flashes constantly. The only way to stop it is to turn off the power at the plug.
I have tested the pressure switch pipe for blockages etc and have gone back over it several times now to make sure that I didnt forget anything when re assembling the machine, everything seems to be correct and I am now at a loss.

I would really appreciate any help or advice please
Andy

Sponsored Links
There is no tacho pulse from the motor. Check the thin red wires on the front of the motor havent snapped. This is easily done when removing the motor. A blob of solder can work if it has snapped

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back