Hotpoint Aquarius WF240 plastic bar in drum flew off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Not even sure what this part is called. Anyway, one of the three light blue plastic Toblerone-shaped bars inside the drum of the machine has come off. Six of the plastic bits on it that clip it into place are snapped so, although it fits back in, as soon as the drum spins it flies off again.

anyone know what this thing is called and where i can get a replacement?

Sponsored Links
daft thing is, i used to work for HP and i cant remeber what its called :oops:

call hotpoint and ask them for one

Is it not called a paddle?

Not sure aboutHotpoint but Hoover type slides into place but is held in position by self tapping plastic screws that come through outside of inner drum to screw into paddles. With these you can't readily replace as they were originally fitted unless you want to take inner drum and it isn't worth the bother.

Be it a new paddle or the old one could you not secure it in place with a couple of stainless steel self tapping screws fitted from inside the drum.

Sponsored Links
agitator is the big ugly thing you get in a top loader, i think it is paddle

thanks everyone.... googled a bit and found that it's a paddle or drum lifter

I'm calling Hotpoint tomorrow to make sure I order the right one

cheers

they may want the serial number, its on the door near the hinge (open the door to see)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back