Hotpoint WMM75 - Broken Plastic parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a WMM75 washing machine, now approx 3 years old. About a year ago, the three, light blue, plastic 'beaters' inside the drum started to come off, one by one. I replaced all three with new 'Hotpoint' components from an approved distibuotor. However, the new units started to fail within just a couple of months. The units fail by the small plastic clips on the underside (which hold them to the drum) breaking off. It is not possible to operate without the plastic 'beaters' as the exposed metal fixing points in the drum then rips your clothes. We are now seeing the units fail approx 1 per month which is annoying and getting expensive. I suspected a bad batch of the components but the manufacturer and distibutor say that there is nothing wrong with the replacements supplied and are blaming 'wear and tear'. We don't wash shoes or trainers in the machine so I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Does anyone know if this has been seen before?

Sponsored Links
I used to work on this model and to change these beaters was not uncommon but it usually because customers did wash trainers or shoes in the machine. Once enlightned about this we did not usually get a recall on these machines. Have you thought about anything being trapped between the drum and outer tub possibily shearing these clips. It is a longshot but otherwise it is a mystery

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back