Hotpoint Aquarius wf340 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope somebody can help me out.

Ive inherited this washing machine at a new house we've bought but the door seal needs replacing as its pretty rotten and covered in mold, other than that the machine works perfectly.
Does anyone kjnow how easy/hard it is to replace the seal on this model? It looks like I might need to take the front off, but any advice would be appreciated!

Ps I have the new seal, just needs fitting!

Thanks

Jon

Sponsored Links
Front panel comes off and consol panel. go to you tube and type in hotpoint door seal and there's plenty of vids on there diff models but the same.

I generally replace these with the front on.
They can be a little fiddly at times but they are not too bad, just don't get frustrated if it is not going on, walk away and come back after a break lol.

Watered down washing up liquid makes a great lube for the inner part of the door seal to get it over the lip on the drum. Just do a cold rinse wash before using it after to ensure you get no foaming etc from it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys for your input, Ive just changed the seal as per youtube and yoru advice, fingers crossed all done and no leaks!

Thanks once again for your help.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back