Hotpoint Aquarius WF541 breakdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, my washer got stuck part way through it's cycle just before the rinse and spin, I tried turning off and on again and set to rinse and spin but ended up just filling the drum with water and not draining, set pump out and managed to get the washer to drain but whenever I turn the power on water starts pouring into the drawer?? I did wonder if there was a blockage but when I unscrewed the pump filter other than half a bucket full of water there were no blockages. Is there anything I can do? (when I say I I mean a willing volunteer) I really don't want to be paying out for an engineer or worst still a new washer :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you saying when you turn it on does it fill without you pressing any buttons. Is the end of the waste pipe clear ie is it connected to the sink spigot. Is the pump impeller turning.

It stopped before the rinse cycle, but water was pouring into the drawer the drum was already half full, we managed to drain the drum but whenever we turn it on at the plug (without pressing any buttons) water starts pouring into the drawer, when it stopped the on/off light and mini load lights were flashing, I've looked at your previous posts but don't really understand the error codes, so unfortunately I'm still none the wiser 

Wot number light is mini load. On the left top to bottom there's 5 lights. Top one being light 1 . And 5 being bottom

Sponsored Links
It's the 4th light down, I tried running it through a cycle to make sure I'm not mistaken on anything but the same thing happened it seemed to stop before the rinse cycle although this time the drum was empty, I turned the dial to rinse and spin and it went through to the end without any problems the only thing was it didn't release the lock in the door but it unlocks when the power is off, I then tried a quick wash cycle (for good measure) that went from start to finish again no problems other than the door lock not releasing. I am now fully flummoxed :confused: :confused:

U got error f01. Motor triac fault with the pcb. You could check the motor brushes poss worn. But if there ok then new pcb needed.

Thank you, just waiting for my dad's friend to come and have a look, he's on holiday at the minute, so for the next week I'll be using the highly recommended laundry service that is my mum :D
I'll let you know what's wrong with it when I find out, thank you for your advice, you've saved me a small fortune, it's very much appreciated
:)

Well I can now update, my washer is now back in full working order, it was something to do with the filter switch, as I said before i'm totally clueless about these things so I've no idea what the actual problem was but luckily they were able to fix it and it only cost £30 :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back