Hotpoint Aquarius WF541 f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Hotpoint Aquarius WF541 f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/posting.php#ixzz1VmVLe8nf

I have a problem with my washing machine not pumping out the water, checked the filter - no blockage there. Checked all the pipes and they are all so fine. The machine pumps out the first load of water in the cylce but in the second cycle (Containing more water) it seems to not pump out the water and just stops with the flashing lights, (2+4+off) Even when I try to just pump out the water it doesn't. Just makes a humming noise.

I have followed rocks1 instructions in an old post and have come to the part were I should blow down the pressure switch or something, but I cant find it. I have included some pics so if someone could point out where the pressure switch is and what I should do than that would be great thanks. Been trying to fix this dam thing since Friday :(

washingm010.jpg

washingm005.jpg

Sponsored Links
When it makes a humming noise it means the inpellor has jammed on the pump if you give it a flick and it starts you have a lazy pump which needs changing.

Thanks for your reply rocks1.

How would I flick it? The drum is full of water atm and to get to the impeller I would have to remove the filter resulting in all the water emptying out.

A new one of these ye?

washingm004.jpg

I did show someone else the pump and they seemed to think the impeller in the pump was not moving so great, we did try to loosen it around if anything was making it stiff. It was still moving though.

If you tilt the mc back and put a washing bowl underneath then undo filter and put a pen in the hole and flick the inpellor it should start up. The water in the mean time goes into the bowl u gotta be quick tho. And yes that's the pump , it stalls when it's hot hence why it hums

Sponsored Links
Ok i did as you said and made a total mess of the kitchen floor lol.

But like you said, i set the mc to pump out but the impeller only started spinning when i knocked it with a screw driver, it stopped 2 secs later, so i knocked it again and same thing happened, starting spinning itself then stopped 4 secs after.

So does this confirm that i need a new pump??

Pretty much so yes. Not too difficult to change just don't over tighten the screws when you fit the new one (assuming it is screw together and not twist fit)

Darn beaten by rocks lol.

As a little note about your question on pressure switches, it is the Brown item on the RHS with a rubber tube attached to the bottom of it, ensure the power is off before touching it though as they have a nasty habit of having a live exposed terminal on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back