Hotpoint Aquarius WF640 issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if these are linked or not but two issues - both intermittent.

It dumps clean water on the floor, not a lot (a litre) and never seen it do it, appears to be coming out of the drawer. Cleaned the drawer, checked the tube down into the washer is clear - still does it, occasionally.

Has started stopping on cyle with one minute to go, has not spun (well really we are not sure if it has not spun or has spun but not pumped the water out. While clearing the water left in the machine last night after one event a fast sipin did not clear out the water, reset it and a pump out worked then a fast spin worked.

No fault messages

Machine is about 5 years old.

Now in checking the first fault I partially dismantled the machine and did unplug the PCB while taking the drawer casing out and need to check I got it fully pushed in but would expect that to create nore issues than we are seeing.

Any suggestions on the cause?

Sponsored Links
it could be in two places .remove front kickstrip if there is a twist filter on the right thats it ,if there is a red circle its at the back ,remove rear white lower panel and you will see a black cup with a jubilee clip undo it and clean it out .

Sponsored Links
Found it - it is at the back, well and truly clogged.

I presume the ball should stay in!

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back