Hotpoint Aquarius WMA32..dirty black deposits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During a routine "clean" I noticed the dispenser drawer has a black shiny "gunge" all over, and when I remove the drawer it also shows this black deposit from top to bottom of the drawer area!
I have been an avid diy person for many years, but unqualified professionally, now in my later years..LOL

The conditioner does not appear to be dispensing either.

Reading thro' this Forum I am amazed at the brilliant help offered to some lucky "posters". I am unable to find a similar problem reported here recently though.
Washer about 3 years old.
My wife puts wash powder in with the clothes and not in the dispence tray, and states "the conditioner" aspect does not appear to work, when the solution has not diluted!!
I fear the worst here with this black deposit which I have not experienced previously(always had hotpoints).
No burning type smells evident.
No other apparant faults.
Appreciate any help please incl. those helpful snapshots of certain relevant parts where possible.

Sponsored Links
believe it or not the "black shiny gunge" is old soap deposits, its harmless but as you say does look awful.

best way to clean it out is to use a "butter knife" (because its blunt) literaly slice it out (DON'T use a sharp impliment / knife) and then rub the remainder with a dish cloth

the conditioner wont work because the "little trough" has its syphon blocked, pull the "top hat" off clean it inside and out and all the conditioner tray

put it all back together and it will work (assuming the cold conditioner valve is still working)

could you also ask mrs "justintime" to start to use soap drawer again, as the soap gets mixed / diluted just before it enters the main drum, but if you put it directly in it has been known to cause bleaching

Breezer
Thanks for quick reply.
I am pleased thats all it appears to be, only my wife never uses the soap powder tray.
Now when you state "top hat"...is that the drawer release mechanism you are refering to?

Thank you again.

Terry

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back