Hotpoint AquariusWF740. At Switch On, all lights Flashing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many Thanks to Harrys6 and Rocks1 for diagnosis of faulty Capacitor C17 on PCB at back bottom left hand side of machine.
Switch off Power and remove Plug from socket.
Remove Belt/Motor access Panel, identify PCB white plastic cover at bottom LHS. Remove small oval panel and then unit retaining screw just below it, all wires are held in retaining clips and can be gently eased out to remove unit.
Do sketch of unit and identify all plugs and wires as you remove them so that you refit correctly.
Remove PCB from cover and identify C17 in centre near 2 others, my board C17 was slightly swollen with dust around adjacent components which I gently cleaned with soft bottle brush. Replace C17 taking note of polarity.
Refit and Test. If you are not comfortable with soldering, take PCB and new component (mine cost £1.29 for 2 680uf 16v capacitors plus £1.10 postage on Ebay) to TV or Computer repair shop who will easily do it for you for £5.
I am just repeating info received, which cured my fault. Credit for info goes to Harrys6 and Rocks1 and probably others.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back